Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Coal Bucket Deli

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Coal Bucket Deli

    Drove down the old road from Norton to Appy today. Noticed that the Coal Bucket Deli had reopened.

    Also had the largest bear I've ever seen in the immediate area cross the road in front of me not far from the Verizon offices.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    I've lived around here my entire life (32 years) and have never seen a bear in the area.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    btw... not doubting you, I know they're around. I've just never been lucky enough to see one.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    ive saw two, one on the highway, right about spear's ferry, it came across the road in front of us one day.

    and the other, across from Pizza Hut up on the hill, there was a bear that used to hang around up there

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    I've seen several, of course my old job use to take me to all the strip jobs and other out of the way remote places.

    This one was kind of strange first because of where it was and second because of it's size. Sure didn't expect to see anything like that as I went down through there.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    Last fall a guy I work with took a picture of 3 in Wise. When you pass McDonalds and go up the hill heading into Wise, there's that Law Office on the right. A momma bear and two cubs ran right in front of him and up that road that leads to houses. He turned on to the road and took pictures of the three bears running up the hill.

    When I worked at St. Mary's back in the late 90's a Norton Police officer told me he saw one run through down town one night.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    Theres been at least one around the dumpsters at work each of the last 3 years. Ive got within 20 yards of one of them accidentally.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    I took thse pics about 13 yrs ago at the Carolina coast near the Outer Banks . Pre digital so I had to scan the original photos . On a deserted highway I pulled over and took the pics thru the drivers window from about 15 ft. away . The bear just sat there looking at me and me looking at him for about 5 minutes then he/she got bored and walked away into the woods .

    bear2

    Bear1
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    I had a black bear get within about 50yds of me while squirrell hunting on Ritchie Branch (Duncan Gap section of Wise)-scary (stuff 9thought I was going to have to shoot him,but he just lumbered off). Hardee's in Wise many years ago had an air conditioning problem,and had the front door open so some breeze could enter while the workers were working. A black bear strolled in from the woods behind,and went through the front door following that yummy burger and fry smell. They said they'd never seen those old fogeys (coffee sipping and flirting with the gals that worked there) move so fast lol.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Bucket Deli

    Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
    I took thse pics about 13 yrs ago at the Carolina coast near the Outer Banks . Pre digital so I had to scan the original photos . On a deserted highway I pulled over and took the pics thru the drivers window from about 15 ft. away . The bear just sat there looking at me and me looking at him for about 5 minutes then he/she got bored and walked away into the woods .

    bear2

    Bear1
    It's smiling at something in the second picture!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •